Tips for Staying Healthy on Vacation

Taking time off for vacation shouldn’t mean taking time off from your healthy lifestyle too. Don’t throw away months of work for one gluttonous getaway. You can stay on track – and still have fun – with Eye cities tips

 

Regular Workouts

Set aside at least 45 minutes every day for physical activity. We have prepared you a list of the best places for jogging, best gyms, promenades, hotels with best gyms etc. If you don’t want to workout, go for a long walk on the beach, take one of the numerous tours around the city you will find on our pages, rent bikes, swim laps at the pool. Eyecities guide will always help you find local biking, jogging, and hiking paths.

Do Your Research

When on vacation, you’re definitely more likely to dine out at restaurants. Spend some time checking the restaurants we have chosen for you, our tips about green markets, menus, organic veggies, bring fruit and nuts with you.

If you stay in hotels, clear out the mini-bar section of the fridge and stock it with healthier options You can grab these items quickly on your way out, so you don’t have to resort to buying overpriced, unhealthy snacks when hunger strikes.

 

Don’t Overindulge at Every Meal

I never want you to deprive yourself, but I do advise moderation when you indulge in your favorite splurge foods. Apply the 80/20 rule: Make 20 percent of your daily calories the treat food of your choice, try to stick to your healthy diet as best you can for the other 80 percent. Think of your calories as an allowance: Save on calories where you can, and spend them on things that are really worth it.

 

Don’t Drink Up Your Calories

Ordering a poolside frozen margarita can blow a good portion of your calorie count for the day — just one contains a whooping 700 calories! Sure, you’re on vacation and want to unwind with a couple of drinks — I get it. I just want you to make the healthier choice when it comes to alcohol too. Instead of sugar-laden cocktails, choose lower-calorie drinks like a white-wine spritzer, light beer, red or white wine, flavored vodka with club soda, or tequila on the rocks with lime.

 

Get Active With Your Family

A vacation is a perfect opportunity for everyone in your family to try something new and get out of their comfort zone a bit. Yes, I still want you to fit in your 45-to-60-minute workout, but if you can find a fun, physical activity for the rest of the family to join in too — even better! Bring a football to toss around the beach or set up a volleyball net, go snorkeling, or kayaking. Get the family involved and, most of all, have a great trip!